Vilfo expects devices in the network to receive IP addresses using DHCP. The devices will automatically be assigned a static IP address by Vilfo in order to ensure consistency with firewall rules and port forwards.
If you have multiple devices in your network that you have already assigned static IP addresses to by configuring it on their network cards, Vilfo will not automatically discover those devices and they will therefore not be available in the Admin dashboard.
In the v1.1 firmware update, released in December 2020, Vilfo has gained the possibility to discover devices that have IP addresses assigned to them.
Go to the Devices page
- Go to Menu → Devices
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
Start background scan
- On the right hand corner, press Start background scan
- A background search starts using arp-scan and may take up to 10 minutes to finish
- Any devices that were discovered will be added to the Unsorted devices group
- If the icon in the upper-right corner says Running, the VPN server is now started