By placing a TP-LINK router after Vilfo, your TP-LINK router can be used to extend the wireless network of Vilfo.
Turning your TP-LINK router into an access point
- Connect a network cable between the WAN port on your TP-LINK router and the LAN on your Vilfo router
- Log in to the Vilfo administrative interface and write down the IP address your TP Link is assigned
- Remove the network cable from the WAN port on your TP-Link
- Log in to your TP LINK router
- Navigate to Network -> LAN and change the IP address of your TP-LINK router to the same one your TP-LINK router was assigned in Vilfo
- Change the Subnet Mask to the same one used by Vilfo (255.255.0.0 by default)
- Save the settings. Your TP Link router will restart
- Log in to your TP Link router again
- Go to DHCP -> DHCP Settings and set DHCP Server to Disable
- Press Save
- Go to System tools -> Reboot and click on Reboot
- Connect a network cable between the LAN port of your TP-LINK router and the LAN port on your Vilfo
To make future changes in TP-LINK you will need to do so using the IP address assigned to your TP-LINK router by Vilfo.
Note! If you choose to use your TP-LINK router as an access point, you may want to disable the Wireless network in Vilfo.