By placing a OpenWRT router after Vilfo, your OpenWRT router can be used to extend the wireless network of Vilfo.
Turning your OpenWRT router into an access point
- Log in to your OpenWRT router admin interface
- Navigate to Network -> Interfaces
- Locate the LAN interface
- Click on Edit
- Find the field Protocol
- Select DHCP client from the drop-down
- You will be prompted with a new message asking if you want to switch the protocol, click the button labeled Switch protocol
- Click on Save and apply
- Connect a network cable between the LAN port on your Vilfo and the LAN port on your OpenWRT router
To make future changes in OpenWRT you will need to do so using the IP address assigned to your OpenWRT router by Vilfo.
Note! If you choose to use your OpenWRT router as an access point, you may want to disable the Wireless network in Vilfo.