Sometimes you may need to forward ports for various services. Vilfo allows you to forward ports over WAN, and — if your VPN provider supports it — forward ports over a VPN connection.
- In the Vilfo interface, go to Menu -> Port forwards
- Under Create port forward, select your device from the drop-down
- Enter the external port into the External port field. If it is a port range, enter the start port and end port separated by a dash (-) or a colon (:).
- Enter the internal port into the Internal port field. If it is a port range, enter the start port and end port separated by a dash (-) or a colon (:).
- Select the protocol (TCP, UDP or TCP/UDP).
- When done, press the Submit button.
- If successful, your newly created rule should show up under Existing port forwards.
- Your VPN provider also needs to support port forwarding for it to work if the device is connected to a VPN server. You need to select the port opened in their network as the External port in Vilfo
- External port and internal port does not need to be the same. For example, if you use a Plex Media Server, you can set Vilfo to listen externally over port 49152, but redirect internally to port 32400. This can be useful if you have several devices in the same network that listen on the same port, but still need to be reachable outside the network.
- Port forwards automatically float to the correct network interface when connecting/disconnecting to VPN servers.